Subject: [FFML] [Ranma][FanFic] The Truth Comes Out
From: "Ginrai" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:18:42 -0400

The Truth Comes Out
A Ranma 1/2 fanfic
by Ginrai

C&C appreciated - [email-masked]

Disclaimer:  Ranma 1/2 and its characters are property of Rumiko 
Takahashi.

--------------------------------------------

Cologne, a tied up and unconscious Ranma, and the four girls that 
wanted to be his wife were all inside the Tendo Dojo.  Their purpose?  
To find out what he said at Mount Phoenix and then see what they should 
do next.

Ever since the failed wedding things have gotten progressively worse in 
Nerima.  Genma and Soun, believing that Ranma confessed his love for 
Akane, increased their attempts in getting the two together.  
Meanwhile, the other fiancees (and self-proclaimed fiancee) did 
whatever they can (that didn't involve explosives) to save Ranma from 
such attempts.  All of which resulted in the most recent event.  An 
event so disturbing that just thinking of it would send shivers down 
ones spine.  So disturbing, in fact, that it could get all four of the 
girls to work together.

"Are you girls sure you want to go through with this?" Cologne asked 
them.

"Yes, great grandmother.  Not even Airen worth having Shampoo go 
through _that_ again!"

"And if Ranchan did already make his choice, it's better off that we 
know now instead of having him just string us along."

"That's true, Ukyou." replied Akane, who then added, "By the way, how 
were you able to knock out Ranma?  Did you use any explosive 
okonomiyaki?"  While she might be a kind and forgiving girl most of the 
time, Akane really wanted to say that.

For a moment it seemed as if Ukyou was fuming as Shampoo and Kodachi 
were laughing.  "Of course not.  I just gave him some okonomiyaki 
specially mixed with your cooking.  Potent stuff that was."

Now it was Akane's turn to glower at Ukyou while she was at the 
receiving end of the other girl's laughter.  Ukyou just smiled back at 
her.  "Well, after you girls hear what Ranma said, maybe me and him can 
have a wedding without having it interrupted this time."

"Are you sure Ranchan said that he loved you?"

"I was in his arms.  Of course I'm sure!"

"Shampoo was also there and Shampoo almost sure that Airen didn't say 
anything about love."

"Ranma-sama would never say anything like that to you girls.  And if he 
did, he was probably under some sort of spell and thought you were me."

Getting tired of the girls arguing with each other, Cologne knocked the 
floor with her staff to get their attention.  Once she got their 
undivided attention, she went over to Ranma and knocked the staff on 
his head.

This had the effect of waking him up.  "Ugh... Ucchan... that 
okonomiyaki... shouldn't you be giving Akane lessons on cooking and not 
the other way around?"  After a few extra knocks to the head, he 
realized where he was and who was in front of him.  "Old Ghoul?!!!!  
What do you think you're mmppphh....."  He was cut short as Cologne 
stuffed some mushrooms in his mouth and then snapped her fingers while 
giving out her command.

"Alright son-in-law, enough is enough.  Just what did you tell Akane on 
Mount Phoenix?"

Now it is known that when swallowed, the mushroom's magic can cause 
whoever ate it to do anything and this includes telling the truth.  
Then again, it never did go against anything as strong as Ranma's self-
denial.

When hearing what she said, Ranma's face took a serious expression.

"Akane, I need you... to hear me now... I wanted to tell you..."

As this was happening, all four of the girls were creeping closer to 
hear what he would say.

"AKANE!  I WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT..."

And the moment of truth...

"...THAT... YOU'RE NOT THAT BAD AT MARTIAL ARTS!"

Not quite what they were expecting as all four girls fell to the floor.  
Slowly they all got up with rather shocked expressions.  While the 
girls were trying to understand what Ranma said, they heard what seemed 
to be someone laughing.  And the laughter was getting stronger.  So 
strong until...

"OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!  Once again my Ranma-sama hasn't failed me 
and stayed faithful to his one, true love.  Now I must be off to 
prepare for the moment we show our love for each other!"  And with that 
Kodachi left, laughing all the way.

Shampoo just stared at Akane.  "Shampoo knew she was right.  Akane too 
out-of-it to know what Airen really said.  Now Shampoo off to fix Airen 
too-too delicious meal."  Shampoo then ran off to prepare Ranma's meal.

"I must say that was quite unexpected.  It seems like the all the 
problems will still continue.  Anyway I must go check on Shampoo and 
see what she's up to.  Don't worry, Ranma will come back to his senses 
in a few minutes."

All that was left of the girls were Ukyou and Akane.  Seeing Akane's 
stunned expression, Ukyou decided to talk with her.  "Don't feel so 
bad, Akane.  He almost always ends up unintentionally hurting someone.  
Remember the wedding?  If you guys did go on with it my honor would 
have been completely destroyed.  Especially since you guys tried to 
have it without informing me.  Ranma wouldn't have realized that.  In 
the end someone might have their feelings torn up.  Hopefully it won't 
happen to anyone."

Akane felt somewhat comforted by what Ukyou said.  "Thank you, Ukyou.  
You know, sometimes I think that..."

Ukyou, though, wasn't finished.  With a happy expression on her face, 
she continued.  "No problem.  I was meaning to tell you this before.  
Better off that I tell you this now especially since I might not have 
any time right before, during or after the wedding between me and 
Ranchan.  Well, I need to go and open Ucchan's.  Bye!"

All Akane could do was say "Eh...." as she saw Ukyou leave the dojo.  
Once she left, Akane turned her attention back to Ranma.  <He didn't 
say 'I love you.' back at Mount Phoenix.  That means.... all this time 
that I've been acting extra-nice to him and not doing anything when he 
insulted me was for _nothing_!  Even the time he tried to use my food 
to scare away the cats...>  Akane realized that only one thing could be 
done to fix all this.

Ranma woke up, still feeling tired.  When he opened his eyes the first 
thing he saw was Akane... with a huge mallet in her hands.  "Umm... 
Akane?  What are you doing with that mallet?"

Akane, giving him a rather sweet smile, replied "Oh, nothing much.  
Just going to catch up with some stuff.  You know, make up for lost 
time."

"Oh... okay."  Unfortunately, having gotten used to the extra-nice 
Akane, Ranma didn't realize what she meant.

>From outside the Tendo Dojo, one could hear what seemed to be someone 
going through an extreme amount of pain.

--------------------------------------------

First fanfic that I finished... yay.

Most of this was done during Sunday's one hour challenge in #fanfic.  
Thanks to those in One Hour Group 3 for their comments and for pointing 
out errors in it.

-- 
                 .---Anime/Manga Fanfiction Mailing List---.
                 | Administrators - [email-masked] |
                 | Unsubscribing - [email-masked] |
                 |     Put 'unsubscribe' in the subject    |
                 `---http://www.fanfic.com/FFML-FAQ.txt ---'