Subject: [FFML] [Ranma][Altverse] Part 3 [Repost]

From: "Jeffrey Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:02:59 -0500

Chapter 3

Pacing back and forth between the carpeting or the lobby, Ranma practically
wore a circular track in the ground. Fidgeting with his silk tuxedo, Ranma
wondered why Shampoo had made him change into these clothes, not that he
minded, it still felt nice when he was babied by Shampoo. Glancing around
the room he looked at the trio of women chatting to the side of the room.
Shampoo had changed into a two piece dress that showed her flat stomach off
nicely. The dress seemed to float around her due to the fabric it was made
out of. She looked beautiful in it, her hair seemed to shine in the light
and her face was angelic. Ranma smiled inwardly, he had a beautiful wife, he
told himself. Ucchan wore a nice purple dress that seemed a bit daring to
Ranma, it had no shoulders and showed off quite a bit of cleavage. He
chuckled as her remembered Ryouga's reaction when he saw her dress.

	Ranko seemed just as nervous as Ranma if not more so. She wore a simple
forest green dress, it complimented her deep copper red hair quite well, on
each ear she wore the pair of earrings that Ryouga had given her on their
wedding day. Around one arm she wore a silver phoenix armband. That armband
was a symbolic piece of jewelry that Herb had bestowed to her. Each one of
them had one, Ryouga had his pendant, Shampoo had a similar armband to
Ranko, Ucchan had an a pair of bracers around her wrists, his father had a
ring, and he had a crown of all things. He was just glad he wasn't wearing
it, it bore down on his head and cause a lot of attention he did not wish to
have.

	His father and Ryouga seemed to be in a deep conversation which seemed to
require quite a few hand gestures and exasperated looks. They were each
wearing a tuxedo each like Ranma, except Ranma had a golden sash, whereas
Ryouga had a deep green sash, and his father had a white sash. Finally he
rested his eyes on his daughter who seemed to be listening to every word
that Cologne was telling her. She was probably the pride and joy of his
life, she was the product of himself and HER. Everytime he saw her he felt
pride, joy, happiness, and sadness all at once. She was beginning to look so
much more like her mother as days passed by. She knew her mother had died
and accepted Shampoo as her mother quite easily. She was stronger than him
in some ways, yet she was so carefree and Ranma wanted to keep things that
way. he didn't want her to deal with all the crap and the trials he had to
be put through. He wanted her to have the best, just like he wanted his new
child to have a carefree life as well. But so far, he hadn't succeeded in
providing Kaze with a life that could be considered carefree. She was raised
in the epicenter of a war, how she remains so cheerful all the time is still
a mystery to him. It must be from her mother.

	But now that the war was over, he wanted to just settle down. He no longer
yearned for anymore heroics as he did when he was younger. He had been
talking to Shampoo about it, she wanted to settle down as well. Where? They
still hadn't decided, but he wanted a stable life for a change. Briefly
glancing down at his watch he noticed that he still had twenty minutes
before his mother showed up.
___________________________________________________

As the four women sat in the car waiting, there was an eerie silence between
them. Nodoka was both anxious and worried about Kasumi. Kasumi simply wasn't
her cheerful self anymore. She seemd to have died a bit, everytime she saw
her daughter, it seemed like she was just about to break out into tears. And
the worst part was that Kasumi refused to talk to anyone about it. But soon
she was going to have to sit that girl down and make her tell her what was
wrong.

"So what do you think Ranma looks like?" Nabiki asked Nodoka.

"I don't know I haven't seen him in so long. Your uncle told me that he was
a powerful martial artist though, and had well surpassed his own master in
skill." Nodoka said with quite a bit of pride.

"Wow, I wonder if I can take him on..." Akane wondered.

"Akane-chan, I understand that you love martial arts but you don't need to
challenge every martial artist you meet." Nodoka admonished.

"Yes mom. But still I haven't had much of a chance getting authentic Chinese
martial artists to spar with me. They seem scarce. The ones I have sparred
with were quite skilled but not one of the better ones in China. I just want
to scale myself." Akane explained.

"Of course, but try not to challenge Ranma."

"I won't Mom." Akane assured her.

"Kasumi dear, why have you been so quiet this evening? Is there something on
your mind?" Nodoka asked as she brought Kasumi out of a trance like state.

"Oh I'm sorry mother. I have a lot on my mind."

"Like the reason that you have to leave dinner early today?" Nodoka guessed.
She was determined to ferret out the reason that her daughter was in so much
pain.

"Yes." Kasumi said in a far off voice.

"Kasumi, please just tell us what is wrong. Everytime I look at you, you
seem be on the verge of crying. What is it?" Nodoka questioned. Kasumi
looked at her briefly before the dams broke. She could never hold anything
back for long from Nodoka. Holding onto Nodoka, she cried. Startled, Nodoka
simply tried to comfort her child.

"Oh mom, I’m just so confused!" Kasumi sobbed.

"What of dear?" Nodoka said as she smoothed the Kasumi's hair.

"I just don't know if I love Phadron anymore... I'm not sure of what to do!"
Kasumi bursted out with a fresh new batch of tears.

"You should just dump him!" Akane commented.

"Akane you're not helping calm her down..." Nabiki said as she moved to
Kasumi's side.

"I just need some time to think this through and then I will know what to
do." Kasumi said as the tears subsided. Taking a few breaths she smiled for
the benefit of her family.

"Kasumi you needn't smile on the outside if inwardly you are sad..." Nodoka
admonished.

"But I don't want Ranma to see me weepy, it would be a terrible first
image." Kasumi said as she dried her eyes.

"Did Phadron do something that caused you to want to have time away from
him?" Nabiki asked hoping that Kasumi would not confirm her suspisions.

"No... I just expected something of him that I shouldn't have, and as a
result... I don't know if there is anything that binds to two of us
together." Kasumi said as she looked out the window.

"No matter what you decide, we'll be there with a shoulder you can cry on."
Nodoka said confidently.

"Yeah, do you need me to tell Phadron of your decision?" Akane asked, while
planning Phadron's demise.

"No Akane-chan, this is something I must do for myself."
___________________________________

Within the city of San Francisco a force began to stir with restlessness.
The shifting of the earth had woken it from its slumber. Like a bear woken
from its hibernation too soon, it was not happy. It was eons too soon. But
soon the Earth would feel its coming.
_____________________________________

Javier was a simple man, he loved to cook and he did what he liked. Tonight
was a special night, his employer Nabiki and her surrogate mother Nodoka
were supposed to meet a long lost relative for the first time in 23 years.
From what he gathered this Ranma was supposed to have gone on some sort of a
training trip before the war, but then got caught up in China when the war
began. But that didn't concern him. Nabiki obviously wanted this meeting to
be special, and as her employee and her secret admirer, he would oblige.
Although he knew that there could never be anything between himself and
Nabiki, he still admired her. Her every gesture and movement so commanding
and confident. He loved that about her.

"Javier! Miss Nabiki and her guests have arrived!"

"Good show them to our VIP lounge." Javier said indifferently trying not to
destroy the tedious designs he had decorated the plates with.

"Yes sir!" Smiling to himself, Javier whispered to himself

'Show Time!'
______________________________________

Ranma heard some movement by the stairs on the far end of the room, looking
over he saw three youthful young women gracefully walk towards them, he
could see there was another woman behind them. Each of the ladies wore a
mysterious smile as they regarded his group. To his side he felt Kaze and
Shampoo stand next to him. Looking to his father, he could have laughed. His
father seemed to be extraordinarily nervous. Ranma hadn't seen those
emotions and facial expressions cross his father's face except before the
war. Taking a deep breath he stepped forward.

"Hello, you three must be the Tendo sisters. I am Ranma Saotome. It is a
pleasure to finally the three women who my mother is proud to call her
daughters." With a grand sweeping bow he only preformed in Herb's court, he
ended his short greeting. Suddenly a voice that he had not heard in 23 years
called out to him. In his childhood, he always heard this voice call to him
in his mind. He used to weep everytime he recalled the voice. He used to
weep for days when he realized the voice had been a dream. But now, right in
front of him, the voice was real.

"Ranma?"
___________________________________________

Nodoka was the most nervous she had ever been in her life, calling upon her
years of dealings in businesses, she steeled herself and forced herself not
to fidget. Her daughters walked in front of her blocking her from seeing her
son. Then she heard the voice. A man's voice.

"Hello, you three must be the Tendo sisters. I am Ranma Saotome. It is a
pleasure to finally the three women who my mother is proud to call her
daughters."  It was her son! his voice was so deep, fighting back a few
tears as she was reminded that she had missed out of a large chunk of her
baby's life. Her daughters parted to allow her to view a young man in an
elegant bow his head facing down, his posture indicated that he carried
himself as a true man of samurai descent would have done. She wanted nothing
but to run to him and hug her child. Her dear sweet little boy. yet he was
no longer so little anymore. He was a man, but forever her child in her
heart. The tears seemed to just simply flow from her eyes.

"Ranma?"
_____________________________________________

Both mother and son looked to see the face that had only appeared in their
dreams. Ranma stood slowly as he regarded his mother. She was just as
beautiful as he remembered. Searching her face, he found her eyes. They were
forever beautiful, like two swirling orbs of emotions. Tears flowed down her
young and dignified face. Willing himself not to cry, he took a step forward
to Nodoka.

"Mom?"

His mother took several steps to him and threw her arms around him. Sweeping
his mother up in a hug, he took a deep breath. She smelled the same, her
touch was still like magic. His mother. This day had waited long enough to
arrive. And now it had, oh how sweet it was to be held in his mother's arms
again. He never wanted her to let go. Not for eternity.

"Oh my Ranma. How I've missed you."
_______________________________________________

Nabiki looked at the man before her. Just by how he stood, she could tell he
was extraordinarily powerful. He seemed to radiate confidence. Standing
tall, he looked perfect, every detail about him was perfect. Briefly she
judged his clothes. They were surprisingly very expensive, silk made, very
hard to come by an entire suit made of silk. It seemed to be new too, that
meant he had be either rich or knew the right people. As he made his small
speech, she couldn't help her reaction to his voice. So deep and full of
strength. Gods he was obviously Mother's son, who else could have the genes
for such a man?
_________________________________________

Kasumi caught her breath as she gazed on the man in front of her. It
couldn't be! He resonated with such enourmous amounts of chi. His heart was
that of a healer's, yet his soul was that of a warrior. The different
extremeties of this his character intrigued her. Who was this man? How did
one man contain the malestrom of power contained within his body?
______________________________

Genma looked to his wife and son now both hugging each other. Tears
threatened to fall from his eyes. It had all been worth it. All the
suffering he and Ranma had to endure. This moment was all worth it. Walking
to his family, he waited for his wife to release his son. When she did so,
he looked at her beautiful face. She hadn't aged a bit. She was just as
beautiful and youthful as the day he married her. Gods how he loved her.
Even though her face was streaked with tears, it seemed to make her more
beautiful. He wanted to open his mouth but nothing came out.

Nodoka relinquished her son and looked around for her husband. She found him
standing just a few feet away from her. He looked the same as every, except
he was much thinner now. His posture was more refined yet humbled, and his
face indicated the many trials he had endured. All these years, she had
questioned whether or not he was still worth waiting for, and it amounted to
one answer.

Yes.

"Genma?" In a moment's notice, she was caught up in a fierce kiss. It had
been so long since a man had kissed her. But that would all change, because
her husband was back. The man she had given her heart to. Melting into his
strong arms, she returned the kiss. After a minute or so, she felt him
reluctantly break the kiss.

"Gods Nodoka, I've missed you so much!" He exclaimed to her.

"As have I anata. As have I." Looking into his eyes, she saw the man she
loved, they were both back, her precious son and her love. Stepping back she
looked to her daughters who all seemed to be beaming with happiness. Akane
and Kasumi were crying openly, as Nabiki held back.

"Ranma, I would like you to meet three girls who have been my pride and joy
for the past decade." Bringing each one of them in front of Ranma, she
introduced them.

"This is Akane. She owns the largest chain of Martial arts schools around
here. She is also the heir to the Tendo-ryu." The short girl bowed to Ranma
as a show of respect for a fellow martial artist. Ranma nodded back
acknowledging Akane as a martial artist.

"This is Nabiki. She makes many of the important decisions in my
corporation." Nabiki gave him a insinuating smile and winked at him.
Fighting back a shudder, Ranma knew he would have to look out for her.

"And this is Kasumi." Kasumi simply smiled at Ranma with a beautific smile.
Ranma's heart stopped. 'That smile...' He thought 'It can't be.'

"Hello Ranma, it has been quite a while. I am so glad to meet you again."
Kasumi said in a shy voice. She felt she had to look away. His look was so
intense, she felt her body begin to heat up quickly. 'You just met him!' she
scolded herself.

Ranma looked to Kasumi with a mixture of disbelief and happiness. Her voice
it was the same exact match. There could be no mistake. He knew everything
about her. His first love. His goddess.

"B- Bell?" He said as he closed the distance between them. He was so close
to her, her scent, her aura. They were all the same! "Bell-chan? Is that
you?" He turned her face to him. Looking deep into her eyes, he saw the same
warmth as he did in Belldandy.

Kasumi felt her heart flutter. Ranma had just called her Bell. She wasn't
sure how to act. But without a sound he seemed to materialize before her
eyes. She wanted to look back at him, but his eyes. They were so
penetrating. Firm yet gentle hands turned her face to him. His eyes, they
were so beautiful. Kasumi tried resisting but she felt herself being drawn
to him. Closing her eyes, she leaned into him. Their lips came so close.

"Hey! What are you doing to Kasumi!" Akane had yelled. This man may have
been mom's son, but he was way to forward for her tastes. He was seducing
her eldest sister right before her eyes! She saw her outburst break the
silence in the room.

"Husband! What are you doing!" Shampoo stomped up to Ranma and turned him
around. "What are you trying to do?!" Ranma floundered a bit, his confused
eyes, melted Shampoo's anger as warm day melted ice.

"It's her. Bell is alive!" Ranma said excitedly.

"Ranma it can't be." Shampoo said non-commitally. She had heard the woman,
it was Bellandy's voice. She would know, Bellandy was like her sister,
second to Ukyou as a best friend. Looking around Ranma, she looked at the
woman. Her face was different, Bellandy was not Japanese, she was European.

"Ranma, she looks nothing like Bellandy." Shampoo said in a huff.

"Her eyes, Shampoo look at her eyes." Shampoo looked carefully as her eyes
widened. It was true, they were Bellandy's eyes. The kindness that reflected
from those eyes were unmistakable, one of many times she remembered looking
into them. Ranma gently turned Kasumi's head towards his own.

"Gods, I've missed you." Bending his neck down to Kasumi, Ranma placed a
gentle kiss upon her lips. It was so full of love, longing, and happiness.
However it all caught up to Kasumi as she fainted at the intensity of the
kiss.
_________________________________________________

A dark shadow stalked through the residential part of San Francisco. It
neither walked, but it stumped along. It seemed to be muttering something
that no one could hear, or understand. Reaching the front of a house, it
stopped.

"Where is that stupid bitch!" Lightning struck in the background revealing
the shadown to be Phadron. His eyes were deep red as he seethed. "She was
supposed to come to me tonight! When I get my hands on her, I am going to
rip her heart out and eat it. how dare she diobey me! Her master?" Striking
the pavement, he cause a large crack in the ground.

"Um excuse me sir, but the Tendos have left or the evening, I don't think
they are coming back tonight." A young girl said from behind him. A young
and innocent girl. Phadron smiled wickedly.

"Quiet Stanley!" The girl said to the barking dog at her side.

"Really, tell me more..." he said as he struck the girl to the ground,
rendering her unconscious. If he couldn't have Kasumi tonight, he would have
another woman. Looking down to the barking dog in front of him, he grimaced
distainfully. With one swipe of his hand the dog fell into slices of meat.
Carrying the young girl away, he swore that he would teach Kasumi to disobey
him.
___________________________________________________

There was a brief touch that fell upon her face, it contained such warmth,
such power, and such love. Kasumi relished the feeling, holding the hand to
the side of her face. It had all been a dream, just a dream. Pity though
Ranma was so handsome... As she opened her eyes, a pair of grey eyes stared
right back at her. Focusing, she made out the rest of the face, a handsome
man with a worried look. It was Ranma.

"Are you okay?" he asked urgently.

"Yes, I think I am." Kasumi said as she tried to stand up, but had found
that Ranma had picked her up and set her on her feet with ease.

"Will someone please explain what is going on?" An annoyed Akane looked at
the group of strangers crowded around Kasumi. She had it in her mind to
throttle them all, except for the fact that she wasn't sure if she could.

"Ranma? Please explain." Nodoka asked of her son.

"I'm not too sure of where to start... this is unexpected." Ranma said as he
turned to his mother. "Bell is here now and I'm just confused."

"Ranma... I know not of who this Bell you have mentioned, but that is Kasumi
you just kissed." Nodoka informed her son.

"No mom, I know her soul, it is Bellandy, she's just in a different form. I
don't know how, but she just is..." Ranma said as he turned back to Kasumi.
"It's all in her eyes."

Blushing horribly, Kasumi took a step back to gain some air. It seemed that
with Ranma in close proximity of her, she felt her chest tighten everytime.
This was so odd, Ranma must have mistaken her for someone else. Who this
Belldandy person was must be very lucky to be loved so much by Ranma.

"Husband? I think you may be mistaken... I know you still mourn for Bell,
but you must understand that even though she is like Bell, she isn't Bell."
Shampoo said gently. She would have been angry at Ranma if he had kissed any
other woman, but this Kasumi reminded her so much of Bell. Her best friend
Bell, her sister Bell, her co-wife Bell. Ranma looked to his wife and to the
others in the room. Dejected, he relented. Though it had been some time, but
he missed Bell very much. Kasumi seemed so much like her that he may hve
jumped to conclusions. But her eyes they held the same soul as Bellandy.
This would bear further invesigation. Gathering his wits again, he turned to
his mother.

"I'm sorry for my improper behavior, but Kasumi sounds exactly like my first
wife, Bellandy. But she died a long time ago."

"Ranma... You were married? Your first wife?" Nodoka asked hesitantly. She
missed her only son's wedding! Looking to the woman who called her son
Husband a horror washed over her entire being. Oh such a horrible fate, as
his mother she should have been there. Her son had married twice! And now
she had missed on a chance to meet this girl that Ranma had loved so long
ago.

"Yes, about eight years ago mom. I'm sorry that you haven't met Bell, but
Kasumi is almost exactly like her."

"Oh son, I'm so sorry. I've missed so much of your life." Nodoka cried as
she hugged her son. 23 long years... It just wasn't fair. She loved being a
mother, and now she had missed her chance to be one because her son was
already grown up.

"It's okay mom..." Ranma said as he comforted his mother. As he slowly broke
the hug, he turned to Shampoo and Kaze.

"Mom, this is Shampoo, my second wife, and Kaze my daughter." Shampoo bowed
to Nodoka as Kaze just looked at her. Nodoka walked to Shampoo and placed
her palm on her head. Smiling she tried to say something but it had only
came out as a whisper.

"Welcome to the family, Shampoo-chan." With that she embraced the younger
woman. Shampoo's eyes filled with tears as well, as she embraced her
mother-in-law. Kaze walked to her father and tugged at his pants to gain
attention.

"Daddy, is that grandma?" She asked in an innocent voice. Ranma looked down
and kneeled to face his daughter.

"Yes Kaze, that's your other Grandma." Kaze smiled in acknowledgement and
latched herself onto Nodoka's leg.

"Yeah! I have another grandma!" She squealed in happiness. Nodoka and
Shampoo both broke their hug and smiled at the young girl. Gently Nodoka
picked up her granddaughter. Looking at her face trying to pick out the
features that her son may have passed along.

"And how old are you Kaze?" Nodoka asked as she playfully poked Kaze's nose.

"I'm almost eight!" Kaze said holding up eight fingers. "Do you know lots of
stories like my other grandmama?"

"Well I know of some, I could tell you sometime." Nodoka looked upon the
child with delight.

"I love stories! Like with dragons and pretty ladies." Kaze said as she
snuggled into Nodoka's bosom.

"Oh what a delight you are!" Nodoka said as she held the child closer. Ranma
smiled as he looked upon the happy scene before him. Shampoos snuggled to
his side as she look on as well. Drying her eyes, Nodoka looked to Ranma.

"Ranma, aren't you going to introduce me to the rest of the group?"

"Yes mom, right this way." Ranma said as he directed his mother to the rest
of the group. Stopping in front of Ryouga and his family.

"Mom this is Ryouga and his two wives, Ranko and Ukyou. They are my best of
friends." Ranma introduced his mother to them.

"Well this is a plesant surprise, two wives?" Nodoka said questionly.

"I hold a status in the Amazon village that allows me to hold two wives."
Ryouga explained.

"Well it very nice to meet friends of my son." Nodoka looked closely at
Ranko and wanted to say something, but thought better of it.

"And finally this is Cologne, Shampoo's great-grandmother." Nodoka looked
closely at Cologne for a moment before her eyes lighted up with recognition.

"Cologne, Grand Matriarch of the Amazon tribe?" Nodoka asked.

"Well, you caught me red-handed." Cologne laughed "Yes I am who you say I
am."

"Well this is a surprise now..." Nodoka said "My sources tell me that you
have direct contact with the Emperor and the Dragon."

"Well... that is true, I have known both for quite some time."

"Well we have a celebrity in our midst!" Nabiki said as she recovered from
Nodoka's proclaimation.

"Now now deary I'm just here to support my great-granddaughter. She wants to
settle down and I said I would help her pick out a spot."

"Well... NGR has many lands for sale... if you are interested for a
purchase... or better yet a trade?" Nabiki hinted.

"Nabiki, She is family there is no need for deals and trades." Nodoka said
sharply.

"No no, I enjoy these chats with today's youths." Cologne said with a smirk.
Ranma cleared his throat hoping to avoid any more of this conversation.

"Well shall we be seated?"

"Of course son-in-law."
_______________________________________________________________________

(tentative ending for part 3)

Kasumi felt distinctly uncomfortable as she took a sip of her pale glass of
wine. A storm of emotions erupted within her mind. On one hand she was happy
that her surrogate mother Nodoka had finally been reunited with her son
Ranma and husband Genma after 23 years. They seemed to be getting along
quite well, and to further her happiness, Ranma had a lovely wife and
daughter who were both adored by her mother. On the other hand, she felt
helplessness and confusion as to the intense looks and stare given to her by
not just Ranma but most of Ranma's family and guests. He seemed convinced
that she was his first wife, Belldandy. Even though she was quite confused
by all this, the one thing that confused her to most are her feelings emoted
from Ranma's kiss. This warmth that spread throughout her chest, the heat
eminating from her cheeks, and the weakness she felt within her knees, what
was this feeling? Why did his very look or his touch evoke such responses
from her? Why? Looking down into her glass of wine, Kasumi quickly drank the
rest in one gulp.

"So Kasumi, mom says that you are studying to be a doctor?" Ranma inquires.

"Yes I'm in my last year of my residency." Kasumi said nervously, even his
voice, affected her causing her to feel light-headed. Looking down at her
empty glass, she reasoned that it could have been the wine. Looking back
over to Ranma, she noticed that he had gotten up and moved closer to her

"Why choose a profession as a doctor?" His voice was so tender and full of
warmth. Her cheeks decided to change to a shade of red.

"I am not a warrior, and I am not anyone special. I think the best way for
me to make a difference in this world is to heal others. And to do so I must
become a doctor."

"Noble words. But still I've got to tell you, sometimes, it is the small
things that you do that make a difference in the world." Ranma said as his
head drifted uncomfortably close to hers. However before he could come any
closer, she flinched away.

"Ranma-san, I know that you see me as your first wife. And it is obvious
that you loved her very much-" Kasumi began

"No, I still love her. She meant everything to me until she made a choice to
sacrifice herself." Ranma said sadly.

"I'm sorry Ranma-kun. I understand how you feel. But I am not Belldandy."
Kasumi apologized trying to avoid looking into those beautiful blue eyes.
When she heard no response, she looked back to him. His face potrayed a
sadness that was beyond words.

"Yes, I see it now, you are not Belldandy," Ranma said gravely as he pulled
himself together. "But you do have her eyes and her gentle spirit."

"Ranma-" Kasumi began again.

"I get that you aren't Bellandy, but at least I would like to learn more
about you and your sisters. All of you have been a comfort to her when I
could not be." Ranma said as he cracked a smile.

"Of course Ranma-san. Your mother has been like our mother to us before,
during and after the war." Kasumi said in relief, she didn't know if she
could look into his face of sadness again.

"What is mother like? What does she like? Does she have hobbies? What
exactly does she do?" Ranma asked curiously. "All father has told me was
that she was a traditional woman who knew how to use the sword."

"Well... that is true, but she has so much more qualities other than that.
She loves children, as well as the well being of animals who survived the
war..." Kasumi listed as she filled in Ranma about his mother.

A few seats away, Nodoka sat with Kaze in her lap, enjoying the company of
her granddaughter. The two seems so different at first glance, however at a
closer look, one could see small similarities here an there.

"So Kaze, how have you lived with your father and grandpa?" Nodoka asked of
her kin.

"Me, daddy, and mama live in mama's house. And grandpa lives with-" Kaze
began.

"With great-grandmother." Shampoo quickly interrupted. They had not yet told
her mother-in-law about Ranko, nor of Genma's second marriage.

"Oh? why doesn't Genma live with you and Ranma?" Nodoka asked curiously.

"Ranma and I wanted privacy..." Shampoo said hesitantly. Unfortunately
Shampoo wasn't much of a liar, and her reason seemed convoluted. However a
voice from behind saved her story.

"Yeah her and Ranma were too loud!" Ranko smiled brightly as she sat down
next to Shampoo.

"I see..." Nodoka said with an amused smile. "It is good to see that Ranma
has grown to be quite a man."

"Quite a man indeed..." Ranko continued despite the extraordinarily red
Shampoo. " If not for the fact that he is married to Shampoo, and his sense
of honor; you would be many times a grandmother."

"Ranko!" Shampoo hissed at her friend. "Don't talk about Ranma like that."
However the two other women laughed gleefully as Kaze sat with
uncomprehending eyes.

"So," Nodoka said as she shifted Kaze on her lap. "How is it that you met my
son, what was your courtship like?"

"I knew Ranma ever since he came into the village about ten years ago. He
had come to our village to train with us. Great-grandmother decided that she
would train Ranma and so we became sparring partners." Shampoo explained.

"Really? How odd, then did you two become very good friends because of the
training?" Nodoka asked.

"Um.... not really. We didn't exactly get along, we were more rivals than
friends." Shampoo said sheepishly.

"Then when did..." Nodoka asked leaving the question hanging.

"During the war, after the loss of someone very close to me and Ranma lost
Belldandy. we clung to each other for support." Shampoo said sadly.

"Yeah the war surrounding the village was not a very safe place, we all lost
may good friends." Ranko added.

"Yes well the war was truly a disaster and a pity." Nodoka said sadly. "And
how about you Ranko? What is your relation to my son?" Ranko looked to
Shampoo as struggled for a response.

"Ranma saved me from a training ground not far from the village. Since then
we have been like brother and sister."

"How noble of my son." Nodoka smiled happily. Kaze then began to shift
around in Nodoka's lap. All three women looked down to see Kaze had fallen
asleep.

"Well everyone what say we retire back to our home?" Nodoka announced.
"Nabiki-chan has generously opened her doors for us all to stay at her
home."
________________________________________________________

-- 
                 .---Anime/Manga Fanfiction Mailing List---.
                 | Administrators - [email-masked] |
                 | Unsubscribing - [email-masked] |
                 |     Put 'unsubscribe' in the subject    |
                 `---http://www.fanfic.com/FFML-FAQ.txt ---'