Subject: [ffml][fanfic][Ranma1/2]Ranma's Little Secret Pt1

From: Anthony Woo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 21:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

You might notice that this fic has a similar name to one of my other fics
"Kasumi's Little Secret".  I assure you that I do not plan to write a
series of "Little Secret" stories.  RLS will be extremely different from
KLS even though the two fics occur nearly simultaniously.  You'll see what
I mean when you read the story.

Ranma's Little Secret
Part 1:  Caught in the Act
A Ranma 1/2 Fanfiction
Version 1.0

Insert Standard Fic Disclaimer Here

This fic starts a few days after KLS pt 3

	Ranma groaned as he made his way to the bathroom.  His morning
training seesions with Kasumi were making sleep after 5:30 impossible,
even on Sundays.  But just because he couldn't sleep didn't mean that he
liked mornings any better.  <Still,> Ranma thought, <I'm really startin'
to enjoy trainin' with Kasumi.  I just wish I didn't have t' stand on that
fence every mornin'.>  Ranma was so lost in his thoughts that he failed to
pay attention when he entered the bathroom, again.

***

	Akane almost screamed as she awoke to the, now familiar, clatter
and swearing that rose from the bathroom.  <This is the third f***ing
Sunday in a row!> Akane thought as she tried to muffle the sounds by
burying her head under her pillow and plugging her ears.  <What _is_ that
baka doing up this early!  No one gets up this early on a Sunday, not even
Kasumi!>

***

	"Hey Kasumi," Ranma said as moved through the finishing techniques
of his first Tai-chi form, "isn't it 'bout time for you to start gettin'
back t'th'house?"
	"Oh my," Kasumi replied, "you're right!  Thank you Ranma-kun," she
said with a bow.
	"No prob, Kasumi," he smiled.
	"Don't you have to get ready for your training session with your
father, Ranma-kun?"
	"Nah," Ranma smirked as he finished the form, "today's Sunday,
Pop'll be up late, besides I want to work on this for a bit longer."
	"All right Ranma, but remember--"
	"I know, I know," he interruped.
	"Slow it down," they said in unison.  At that the two shared a
laugh before Kasumi rushed off to get ready for the day.  Ranma smiled and
shook his head before going back to the form.  At first he had found it
difficult to move a slowly as the form required.  He was used to Kempo
where the forms were fast and sharp, each technique designed to show
strength of will and determination.  Tai-chi required the techniques to be
slow and flowing, demonstrating grace and gentleness.  Kasumi had likened
it to flowing water.  Water did not hit an obstacle and stop; it flowed
around it, over it, or under it.  She had called the smothness of moving
from technique to technique "Pulling The Silk" because to unravel a
silkworm's cocoon your movements had to be slow, gentle, and flowing
otherwise the silk threads would break.  <She even promised t' bring a
couple of silkworm cocoon's t' train on,> he thought.  Ranma struggled to
pull his thoughts back to the present.  It was easy for his mind to drift
when moving in the slow, relaxing Tai-chi form, but when it did his
technique went to pot.  <Kasumi's able t' do it without thinkin' 'bout
it,> his ego thought a little sullenly.  <Yeah, but she mastered this form
a long time ago,> his common sense shot back, <I c'n do my first Kempo
kata without thinkin' 'bout it too!>  Ranma stopped, he was letting his
mind get away from him again.  He took a deep breath and gathered up his
thoughts before he exhaled and relaxed.  He did this a couple of times
before he closed his eyes and began the Tai-chi form once again.  Ranma
lost himself in the form.  His mind was empty, save for thoughts of the
form.  Ranma didn't notice when Kasumi came in to look in on him and
smiled when she saw him moving with the form as if he'd been doing it his
entire life.  Ranma didn't notice when Genma came out of the house calling
his name.  Nor did Ranma notice when Genma walked into the dojo looking
for his son--and found him practicing a Tai-chi form.   
	Genma just stood there watching his son move gracefully across the
floor.  At first his expression was one of shock.  Slowly that faded into
an expression of anger and disgust.
	"Ranma!" he barked.  That got Ranma's attention.  Ranma stopped
moving and turned to face his father.
	"Oh, hi, Pop," he said cheerfully.  "Whatcha doin' up so early?" 
	"What _exactly_ do you think you're doing?" he snarled ignoring
Ranma's question.
	"Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Pop?" Ranma asked, genuinely confused.
	"What was that...dance you were doing just now?"
	"That was Tai-chi, Pop."
	"I know that," Genma hissed.  "WHAT WERE YOU DOING IT FOR?"
	"It's martial arts trainin', Pop."
	"Son," Genma said, "Tai-chi is _not_ a martial art.  It's an
exercise for the old and decrepid.  It is not for a true martial artist
and especially not the heir to the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial
Arts!"  Inside Ranma seethed with anger.  <If I could, I'd give Pop the
same lession Kasumi gave me, but I ain't that good yet,> he thought, <and
I can't have Kasumi teach Pop a lesson without revealing her secret.>
Ranma was left without any good options.  So he responed the only way he
know how.
	"If it's for the old and decrepid, how come you're not doin' it
Pop?" he taunted.
	"Insolent boy!" Genma cried as he leapt to attack Ranma.  Ranma
leapt to meet him in the air and their training session began.